CEBU CITY, Philippines — Over 84,000 senior citizens in Cebu City should expect to receive the first tranche of their financial assistance this year on March 27, 2021.
At least 15, 000 of these senior citizens will get their P3,000 worth of financial aid conveniently from their cash cards, but the rest will have to wait in their homes.
Jeffrey Ocampo, the head of the Office for Senior Citizens’ Affairs (OSCA), told CDN Digital that there had been delays in the release of the other cash cards because of certain documentary requirements.
However, he assured the public that even without the card, the financial aid will be personally delivered by the city government to the senior citizen’s doorstep.
The requirements will be the same as the past house-to-house distribution including the presentation of the OSCA identification card (ID) and the use of their own pen. The OSCA will be sending out reminders for these requirements before the start of the distribution.
Mayor Edgardo Labella has maintained that no distribution will be done in the City Hall to avoid any crowding by the beneficiaries especially since Cebu City remains under the Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
“Ayaw nalang mo pagadto sa barangay halls, o sa city hall, kay ato nang ipadeliver kay naa ta sa taliwa sa pandemic aron dili intawn mo maexposed niining virus,” said Labella.
The mayor urged the senior citizens to also be patient for their financial assistance to arrive since the distribution can last for ten days given the number of beneficiaries.
As for those who already have a cash card, they are encouraged to activate these cash card with the given instructions that come with it. /rcg
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of Cebudailynews. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.